• Facebook
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • Get new posts sent to your inbox!
      Enter your email address below:

  • Wednesday, September 17, 2014

    Portbradden Road

    Once upon a time, a young man brought a beautiful girl to this beach for their first date.

    They faced each other hand in hand, her long blonde hair blowing in the cool breeze coming off the ocean. He put his arms around her to share his warmth. Then leaned in for a kiss.

    Then I came barreling down the road, twirling my hiking pole like the Grand Marshall at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, not realizing I was about to ruin their perfect moment. 

    Oh well, what can you do? These things happen.

    I felt bad. I did.
    But it's hard to let things bother you out here.

    Especially when this is the view out your front door.