• Facebook
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • Get new posts sent to your inbox!
      Enter your email address below:

  • Thursday, October 20, 2011

    1 000 Miles to Go

    I will no longer have to refer to a 4-digit number when looking at how many miles I have to Springer. I estimate I have less than 8 weeks to go.

    I hope that thing growing on my face becomes sentient, because there aren't many people on the trail to talk to anymore. I'm in a bubble where I'm days ahead of a few thru-hikers and a few days behind several. I seem to be catching up to some, though, based on when they signed various shelter logs. I still have a long way to go, so I'm sure I'll see them eventually.

    (To Thumper and Sixgun: If you're curious, I think I'm gaining on Bobwhite and the British couple. I expect to see them on the trail someday.)