• Facebook
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • Get new posts sent to your inbox!
      Enter your email address below:

  • Friday, October 21, 2011

    Worn-out Shoes

    When I was a boy, my grandpa told me about a lawyer that quit his job to hike the AT. He said the man hiked for so long he had to have people send him new shoes. The length of over 2,000 miles didn't really mean much to me at the time, but I remember thinking something like, "Wow. How cool would it be to go on a hike for so long you have to stop for new shoes." I imagined a pyramid of worn out shoes piled up on the ground. So far I'm only on my second pair, but these shoes have carried me over 800 miles, I think it's time for a third. I've gone through two tubes of crazy glue trying to keep them together, but when there is a hole in the heel large enough for a chipmunk to stowaway inside, I think it's time to throw in the towel and visit the next shoe store.