• Facebook
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • Get new posts sent to your inbox!
      Enter your email address below:

  • Friday, October 14, 2011

    Alec Kennedy Shelter

    Getting ready to leave the shelter I slept in last night. If all goes well today, I should reach the halfway point on the AT, 18 1/2 miles away. It really depends on whether or not I make it to the Pine Grove General Store on time to take the half gallon challenge, a tradition for AT thru-hikers to see if they can eat a half gallon of ice cream. I'm pretty sure I've done that while sitting on my couch on a lazy Saturday before, so I feel confident. If I don't get there before they close I'm camping nearby, just shy of the halfway point, because I can't hike the AT without taking part in this awesome tradition. Wish me luck.