• Facebook
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • Get new posts sent to your inbox!
      Enter your email address below:

  • Tuesday, August 26, 2014

    Thank you Sean and Mary!

    When I saw this historic marker, I decided I had to sleep on the other side of this wall.

    But I met a man named Sean, who said I could sleep in his backyard, with this amazing view.

    As if that wasn't enough, he brought me coffee and snacks. The next morning he and his wife, Mary, invited me inside to get a shower and have breakfast.

    Thank you Sean and Mary!

    This amazing example of the Irish hospitality I've received would be my last while in the Republic of Ireland. Soon I'd cross into the United Kingdom (Northern Ireland), under the cover of night. (There wasn't even a border crossing or checkpoint, I just wanted it to sound covert.)