• Facebook
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • Get new posts sent to your inbox!
      Enter your email address below:

  • Sunday, August 3, 2014

    Irish Hospitality

    Remember the family who I had tea with in the caravan? Margaret and Ciara were leaving Killarney while I was walking out of town, so they picked me up!

    When we got to their house, Martin came out and knew the exact right thing to say, "You want a Guinness?" he said.

    After the beer they fed me and we sat around the dinner table talking about differences between Ireland and the US. Then Ciara got out her violin and played a few tunes. Afterwards, they brought out a Irish drum called a Bodhrán and a banjo!

    The next morning, Martin drove me back to where Margaret picked me up and I walked back to their house to stay a second night. 

    Thank you, thank you, thank you for your hospitality and for giving me my third, fourth, and fifth Guinness in Ireland!

    Ciara on the banjo and Martin playing an Irish drum called a Bodhrán

    Ciara playing the violin

    My room

    This is Martin. I wish I would have gotten a picture with Margaret as well, but she had to work so I didn't see her before I left. Margaret, you should send me a picture with you and the family to my email ryan@abackpackerslife.com :-)

    Although I didn't see Margaret again after dinner, she packed me a lunch to take with me!