• Facebook
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • Get new posts sent to your inbox!
      Enter your email address below:

  • Friday, May 30, 2014

    Nellie's Restaurant

    We got a great hitch from a local business owner. On the ride, I learned that some of his old stomping grounds were near Shirley, Arkansas, a 2.5 square mile town with just over 300 residents, a place I have some roots and a place he lovingly called "God's Country.
    "Tell you what I'm going to do," he said. "I own this restaurant up here."
    "Okay, I like where this is going," I said.
    "You can eat anything you want, I'm buying." he said and ensured us this was the best food around. "If you don't leave here full, it's your own damn fault."
    And we did. I would go so far as to say painfully full. If you're reading this, thank you Stephen! The food, atmosphere, and the staff were excellent!