• Facebook
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • Get new posts sent to your inbox!
      Enter your email address below:

  • Friday, November 9, 2012

    John Muir Trail Photos, Day 18: Mount Whitney

    After 18 days on the John Muir Trail, I stood on Mount Whitney, the tallest point in the contiguous United States. My 16-month stretch of being unemployed and homeless on some of America's great trails came to an end. Actually, I don't like that word, "end.” It suggests that I'm going back to the way things were. I don’t think that is possible anymore. I think I’ll just take some time off to work.

    That's how much my life has changed since I decided to hike the Appalachian Trail last year, I just used, "Time off," to refer to the time when I'm working.
    Hitchcock Lake
    Guitar Lake
    Whitney Junction
    Heading Up Mount Whitney
    Hiking to Mount Whitney
    Nearing the Whitney Summit
    Ranger's Station on Mount Whitney Summit
    From the Whitney Summit
    Near the Whitney Summit
    Whitney Summit Sign