• Facebook
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • Get new posts sent to your inbox!
      Enter your email address below:

  • Friday, October 5, 2012

    John Muir Trail Photos, Day 11: King's Canyon

    I hiked startlingly close to a whitetail deer before I realized I wasn't alone in the woods. But it didn't run away. It glared at me for a few seconds then lowered its head to continue eating off the ground. I must be close to a national park, I thought.

    My guidebook didn't tell me when I crossed a park boundary, but deer are only this tame in national parks and I knew I was getting close to Kings Canyon National Park. It was confirmed when I later realized I was in a forest of giant sequoias. I setup camp under the towering trees and crossed into Kings Canyon the next morning.

    Entering Kings Canyon National Park
    Kings Canyon National Park
    Kings Canyon National Park
    Near my campsite at Evolution Lake
    Evolution Lake


    A Backpacker's Life List by Ryan Grayson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.