• Facebook
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • Get new posts sent to your inbox!
      Enter your email address below:

  • Sunday, September 9, 2012

    John Muir Trail: Silver Pass

    Being a mountain pass made of white rock that gleams brightly in the sun, Silver Pass is aptly named.

    As we ascended above tree line toward the pass, Squaw Lake, the first of several lakes in the area, came into view. (Not pictured since I didn't take one with my phone.) My first thought was that Grecian columns and statues could have surrounded the lake and wouldn't have looked out of place. Something about the white rock soaring toward the thick clouds above made it feel like the home of a Greek God.

    Beyond the pass, there was an open valley with more lakes. We stopped at Silver Pass Lake for lunch with a view. Although hardly an hour has gone by on the JMT without seeing a great spot for lunch with a view. I can't wait to see how the pics with my good camera turn out. I'll post them later this month.