• Facebook
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • Get new posts sent to your inbox!
      Enter your email address below:

  • Friday, July 22, 2011

    A Rundown of the Last Few Days

     
    The last few days have been amazing. I would love a day with my laptop and wifi to tell you about it, but that's harder than I anticipated. I'll be able to write more when I'm further south.
    Here's a rundown of the last few days: scrambled thru the Mahoosuc Notch (supposedly the hardest mile on the AT, but the most fun so far), met a very generous woman in a grocery store that let us spend a night in her lakehouse (with a hot tub under a full moon), swam alone (other than 2 loons) right after sunrise in a fog covered lake, slept in a baseball field dugout after hitching to town for food and failing to get a ride back (we played invisible softball at 2 AM, of course), climbed Old Speck Mountain at night and got caught in a storm, took a nap in front of a general store. Watched tonight's sunset on a windy evening, huddled around 3 people I've known for a month, but feel as close to as anyone I've ever known. And right now I'm on a mountain I can't name, staring at the night sky.