• Facebook
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • Get new posts sent to your inbox!
      Enter your email address below:

  • Monday, June 27, 2011

    View of Katahdin

    Another amazing day. I've been hiking with Thumper, Bambi, and Red today. I thought I would have spent more time alone than I have, but I'm really enjoying our nights at camp together. We all have our story of how we got here and why.

    We just took a dip in a beautiful remote mountain lake under the first blue sky we have seen in a while. Now we are sitting on bedrock looking out at Katahdin (In the background). It's hard to believe I was on top of that mountain just 3 days ago.

    I'm sorry to have to keep these posts so short and infrequent, but cell phone reception is rare in Maine's 100 mile Wilderness. As the name suggests, it is quite remote out here.

    Only 2,146 miles to go!