• Facebook
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • Get new posts sent to your inbox!
      Enter your email address below:

  • Monday, June 20, 2011

    Symphony In the Park



    You can't walk a mile in New York without seeing something great that you didn't expect to see. There were two girls in the park playing violins, then I came upon this. I just sat backwards on a park bench with the bench's back in front of me, and rested my head in my arms with my eyes closed. They were doing a summer "living composers" concert series. The first piece was performed for the first time ever in front of an audience. The rest of the show was Beethoven's Symphony No. 5. It wasn't just the sound of the symphony that I loved. Behind me, hot dog vendors work, birds chirped above my head, new yorkers walked behind me talking. It was everything I thought Central Park might be and more.