• Facebook
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • Get new posts sent to your inbox!
      Enter your email address below:

  • Wednesday, June 15, 2011

    On the Train

    I'm on a train heading to DC, the first stop on my way to Mount Katahdin, the northern terminus of the Appalachian Trail. It arrived an hour late, but I don't mind. I don't have to be up early for work or anything.

    The train sounds like an old squeaky washing machine with an unbalanced load, but it's relaxing.

    The moon is full. It is traveling alongside us as though tethered from a balloon string. A dark silhouette of trees, rooftops, and telephone lines glide by in between. We just passed a large junkyard. The moonlight reflects off the sea of car hoods in a way that makes them no longer junk.

    Trains are a great way to travel if you have the time. Luckily thats one thing I do have.

    A woman named Sheila sat next to me. She said she was tired, but wouldn't be able to fall asleep until she was home in her own bed with her husband. Although, it wasn't long before she and everyone else was passed out.

    "Is that the wheels?" Sheila mumbled with her eyes shut. "Just get me home Charlie Brown." I think she's talking in her sleep.

    I think I'll join them. Goodnight everyone. I'll update soon.