• Facebook
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • Get new posts sent to your inbox!
      Enter your email address below:

  • Thursday, June 16, 2011

    Hostelling International

    I'm in bed 6. It's getting late, almost 2 AM. I'm in a lounge area of Hosteling International uploading my photos. Music from all over the world is playing through overhead speakers. Every voice I hear has a different accent. I think I could get used to this.

    Hostels aren't for everyone. And I'd actually prefer a private hotel room, but when I think of it in terms of how many hours I'd have to work to pay for the additional cost of a hotel in DC, it's totally worth it. Even though I was nearly scalded in the fourth floor shower, and even though when I got back to my room the card wouldn't let me in, it is still better than working two days to pay for one night in a DC hotel. I'd rather spend that time walking around DC, which I did. Plus, there's free coffee to keep me awake long enough to upload all my photos.

    Well, it's time for me to go to bed. Happy to say my first day was a success! Now to study these photos closely, so I can maneuver in the dark room when I head up to bed in a few minutes. Wish me luck.