• Facebook
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • Get new posts sent to your inbox!
      Enter your email address below:

  • Tuesday, July 22, 2014

    The Beara Peninsula

    Boats leaving the dock

    A stray. We have a lot in common when you think about it.

    Donkeys looking for a handout

    "Look, I can make my nostrils go real big."

    For a time, I had my own private beach. There's nothing like a cold swim to make you feel clean and refreshed. Well other than a shower I guess, but they are too heavy to carry.

    I hope to retire to someplace like this. If I could ever stop spending all my money visiting places like this. 

    The property owner was watching me take this.
    Sometimes you just have to not care about that to get the shot you want.

    In Ireland, they get as much use out of their things as possible.
    If it ain't broke, don't replace it.
    Ahh, why couldn't I have been born a sheep, I could live here!

    A very common style of home in Southwest Ireland. A not so common view.

    There are miles of coastline trail to be hiked on the Beara Way trail. Put this on your life list!

    An interesting rock formation. I like how the nearly vertical strata shows that the earth is always moving. You would too if you were a nerd like me.

    A wider angle

    I had to camp on private property, but I don't think people care much about that in Ireland.
    The wind was too strong at high elevation, so I had to get to lower ground, where there was nothing but private property, to setup camp.